Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Enamel time

Okay I've been meaning to post this for a while so here it is. (And because Wendy was being pushy!) I took an enamel class about how to enamel on shapes not just a flat surface.






I took a class on enamel recently and the instructor is just amazing! This bracelet is her work. I love it! We used copper mesh and 26 gauge sheet. The 26 gauge sheet was run through a corrugater (blogger doesn't like that word but I don't know how else to spell it!) The metal gets work hardened as you put it thorough the little machine and then you get texture under the enamel.









The picture above has been enameled yet, its the kind of shapes we were working with. I haven't had a chance to play since the class but as soon as I do I'll post more pictures for you. I have taken other enamel classes and knew I loved it but this class reminded me how much I love it! I will be putting more enamel in my work because I love the color and I love the technique. When I took before I didn't have a kiln but I do now so there should be nothing to stop me, right? I hope you're having a good week!

H

1 comment:

Wendy said...

The last picture looks like little sea creatures! Cool! Looks like you had fun playing with some new toys. :o)