Saturday, April 18, 2009

This might seem odd but...

I've been asked many times why I don't make big pieces of jewelry like everyone else makes. 1st: I have nothing against the big pieces but they just aren't me. 2nd: I'm not going to make things just so they sell. Everything I make was/is because it reminds me of something in my life or I think the person that I was thinking of when I made it will like it. As an example the Dots:

I was thinking of my sister Hayley, she is the model on these too, when I was first making these. She has 4 holes on each side and she likes to mix the earrings up. By that I mean she doesn't like them to match. So these are perfect for her. The idea has just expanded from there into over 125 designs to choose from and into rings as well.
Another example are these charms. 'Have Your Cake and Eat It Too' and 'Cupcake with a Cherry on Top' these we're inspired from my sister Holly who is a pastry chef. She is the best pastry chef in all the land!


I know she will laugh and say she really isn't but I think she is amazing!



I don't think of my business as work and I fear that if I started to make things 'just because they would sell' or because they are 'big' right now I wouldn't be myself. And I just got to be myself. I like tiny things and I know I'm not the only one. I just had to get that off my chest since I was asked that again and its been rolling around in my brain on why/how to answer it yet again. Have a wonderful weekend. H

3 comments:

Kelly York said...

I love your tiny designs. They're adorable, elegant and unique in a market where everything is starting to look alike. I think you have the perfect niche :) Kudos to sticking to it!!

Heather said...

Thank you so much! I want to see your stuff in picture on Etsy! I know you would do very well! Thank you for the encouragement.

Wendy said...

I love the little food ones! Oh, that is just so cute!